We will never sell your personal information to third parties, nor will we share anonymized selections of your data. We collect data solely for the purpose of improving our product services, and we will never act in a way that would compromise your trust.
Our business model is simple - we offer language practice within your browser and we aim to provide you with such an exceptional experience that you'll be willing to pay for it. Therefore, we do not collect data about what you read to sell to advertisers, nor do we track the sites you visit. Our software is designed to ensure that we have no way of accessing this information.
So how do we use your data?
We keep track of the words that we've translated for you so that we can help you build a larger vocabulary and improve your language learning. We also collect anonymous usage metrics and information on which websites create errors. This data is used solely to improve our product.
We understand that trust is earned, and we want to earn yours. Our commitment to privacy is simple: we will always be transparent and responsible with our data collection and usage practices. We believe that by providing you with an exceptional product and respecting your privacy, we can help you get better at new languages without compromising your personal information.
By using Weeve Languages Limited, you agree to the collection and usage of your personal information as described below. We will notify all active accounts of any significant changes to this policy.
At Weeve Languages Limited, we believe that privacy is a fundamental right. We will never share your data with third parties, and we analyze and store your data solely for the purpose of improving our product services. Our detailed policy is outlined below:
- We will never sell, rent, or share your personal information with anyone, including any government agencies unless required by law. If we are required to disclose any information collected about you, we will attempt to provide you with notice to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will also object to overly broad requests for access to information about our users.
- We may share information about user behavior in the aggregate, such as how many words the average user learns through The Weeve Chrome Extension. This type of analysis is used to enrich our product and demonstrate our domain expertise.
- We will not spam you, nor will we share your email information. We may occasionally send one-time messages about important Weeve Languages news, or solicit information to improve our product services. We may introduce ways for you to optionally receive data from us, but you will always be able to opt-out.
- Your account settings and usage information will be accessible once you log in to your personal Weeve Languages Limited account. If no account is detected, sign-in will be prompted through the Weeve Languages Limited browser extension. You can also access sign-in through the extension settings page.
Data Collection and Usage
To receive our product services, account creation with Weeve Languages Limited is required.This requires you to share your email address, which we use to better inform you of new features and solicit your product feedback. Additionally, information on your level of language proficiency is required to complete the account creation process. This information is used to calibrate the initial settings for our product and improve our services.
At Weeve Languages Limited, we collect and store the following information:
- We keep track of the words that we've translated for you to monitor your progress and help you build a larger vocabulary.
- To track errors specific to certain websites, we collect the URLs of the websites visited and issues submitted by users through our issue submission tool.
- Users can report incorrect translations, and we save the word and sentence in which the error occurred to understand why the word was incorrect given the context of the sentence.
- We track general product and feature usage to understand how people use our product and to improve it for everyone.
We do not collect or store keystrokes, form inputs, screenshots, or any other personal information. To provide our services, all the page body text from a visited URL is process client side for natural language processing and translation of words that match your settings. This page body text is never stored. Your Weeve Languages Limited account password is also stored in an encrypted format.
We respect your privacy and strive to ensure that our product services do not compromise your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about our data collection and usage practices, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.